Do you want to be part of changing people's financial lives? Are you passionate about creating technology that disrupts the status quo? Then we're looking for you! Check out some of the positions below and join us
Are you passionate about creating great products? Do you want to work on a product that will be used by thousands of people and have the autonomy to make changes to improve core metrics?
You will be responsible for two core components of our business, both interesting technical challenges. The onboarding platform used to collect hundreds of points of data from our users and the automation technology which uses Machine Learning as part of our backend
- a code process that's fast but disciplined. We write unit tests, implement continuous integration and clean out technical debt regularly
- a well-architected codebase built on Ruby on Rails that's modular and efficient
- A set of internal tools, scripts, generators to automate repetitive tasks
- a willingness to embrace new technologies where appropriate
- access to a large enough data set to improve our OCR machine learning algorithms
- Experience shipping web applications. Our stack is Ruby on Rails, but we believe that good developers can switch between stacks as needed
- The discipline to write test cases and clean out technical debt as needed
- Ability to write code quickly the first time round, as well as the discipline to refactor it to make it maintenable and more performant
- proficient understanding of code versioning tools such as Git
- experience building RESTful applications
Nice to Haves
- Experience building Machine Learning Algorithms, with a focus on OCR and Computer Vision
- Experience with Devops and configuration management tools like Capistrano and Chef.
- Experience with AWS
- Knowledge of architecting Rails apps as microservices with a service-oriented architecture
- experience with a concurrent, functional language such as Erlang or Elixir
- experience building large, thread-safe applications
- experience building internal anayltics tools
- track record of delivering well-designed and tested software to market
You will be responsible for a wide variety of tasks with a focus on reaching new customers and investors and nurturing existing customer relationships.
- Doing sales calls with Enterprise/SMBs to sell financial plans to all their employees.
- Running user interviews to make sure our product direction is correct.
- Building relationships with angel investors.
- Meeting with our advisors, conferring with them on the state of the business and garnering insights
- a compelling product with more demand than we can fulfill
- a list of prospects/leads to build relationships with
- access to a network of Canadian Personal Finance journalists
- a clear system and populated CRM of all the important relationships we want to build and nurture.
- A willingness to systematically test strategies to determine the best way to reach customers and investors
- An ability to move fast. High-pace, high-energy and a relentless focus on delivering value to people.
- Relentless focus on prospecting and setting daily targets for new people to reach out to daily
- would classify yourself as a "hustler". You're results oriented and will find creative ways to solve business problems and reach key people
- A clear and efficient communicator: bad news or good news, you understand that we're a team and we're in this together.
- naturally charismatic and can share our story and our vision with potential investors
- Creative and can think outside the box to find solutions to complex business problems
Nice to Haves
- previous experience in sales is a strong asset
- previous experience acquiring sponsors for events or running large groups/clubs is an asset
- existing relationships in the finance or venture capital industry
Financial Planning Intern
You will be responsible for interacting with customers, translating customer information to software and where needed, giving your input
- the opportunity to work with one of Canada's largest and most reknown financial planners.
- work on a product at the cutting-edge of financial planning. You will get exposed to technology seeking to disrupt and make planning accessible to more Canadians
- a deep passion for helping customers and team members. We care about your career and want to do everything we can (introductions, advice, hands-on experience) to help propel your career
- are currently enrolled or are a graduate of a financial planning program OR are currently pursuing a degree in business specializing in accounting or finance
- care deeply about helping people and know the value financial planning brings to people's lives
- excellent communication skills and unafraid to ask questions when unsure of the answer
- the ability to professionally communicate with clients over phone and email
Nice to Haves
- experience working with financial planning software like Naviplan
- experience working with Microsoft Excel and using it to organize data
- experience writing basic scripts to automate common tasks
You will be responsible for crafting and improving the user experience of the customer-facing part of our product. We place a high importance on low cycle time. The product and your designs will go through many iterations but it will be incredible rewarding.
Imagine a process where users need to enter hundreds of points of data. It takes them upwards of an hour of time and they need to locate forms in their home. As you can imagine, it's tedious. That's where design becomes critical. We're looking for an individual that loves working on hard problems. Breaking
- A compelling product with more demand than we can supply
- A difficult and compelling design problem to sink your teeth into. Making data entry, that can take upwards of an hour, a compelling experience for users. Gamification, automating key parts, we're open to your ideas
- strongly value regular hallway useability testing and getting new designs out there in the wild
- proficiency in Sketch and ability to rapidly create wireframes
- passionate about speaking to users to get feedback and better inform product direction
- deeply care about iterating on design to improve core product metrics
- an understanding of how to design habit-forming products (for good!). We're helping people build important personal finance habits
Nice to Haves
- ability to translate wireframes to responsive HTML/CSS
- experience using invision and principle to create clickable, animated prototypes
As a growth hacker, you will be responsible for driving customer demand for our product. But we're not just focused on numbers and analytics. As a player in the financial technology industry, brand is also of paramount importance to us. You will be responsible for helping craft a brand and story that is true to our mission and resonate with our audience.
- a list of leads/prospects for you to work with and reach out to.
- access to a wide network of personal finance journalists and the opportunity to build relationships with them
- access to a developer to help create tools that provide value to prospects and draw attention to our company
- love to find creative ways to reach and engage with customers
- can play the long game of creating and distributing valuable content with our audience
- think outside of the box and can think of inexpensive ways to reach customers
- care deeply about crafting a compelling story and sharing it with our audience
- relentless focus on improving a few core product metrics. We don't just care about getting new customers, we care about recurring product usage and customer retention
- familiarity with tools like google analytics and kissmetrics
Nice to Haves
- understanding of SEO tools and managing google's keyword planner
- experience in a previous startup as a growth hacker or marketer
- familiarity with video as a content medium. Recruiting talented people is our biggest priority and we want to be able to show off our culture and what we're working on